Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer of Color Week One

I am participating in Summer of Color again this summer.  This week the color challenge is to use Citron Green and Turquoise in any kind of project.  I dyed fabrics to use in my fabric before I made anything.  Here are the fabrics I dyed. The green fabrics were all in the same dye bath, but the silk always comes out lighter than the cottons.  I dyed the lighter turquoise this week and the darker piece came from an earlier dye bath that had some other colors mixed in.
Picture
Picture
I decided to make cuffs this week.  These colors look light and fresh to wear for the summer, so it is perfect for here where I live. 

Picture



Picture
I hope that you enjoyed this post and come on over and join in on the Summer of Color fun. http://twinkletwinklelikeastar.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-summer-of-color-week-one.html
Janelle

No comments: