Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Trivets Trivets Trivets

I have been making trivets the past couple of weeks.  The ones I make aren't the ordinary plain hot pads to use under your pots and pans.  I started making these during the end of the summer. I sun printed squares of cotton using different patterns while it was still the warm out.  Here is a tutorial on sun printing.  I heat set the paint and then started putting them together.  I cut a piece of cotton batting and a piece of Insul-Bright.  The Insul-Bright is an insulating material that is designed to reflect heat of cold back to itself.  It protects your surface or your hands from the heat of hot pots and pans. I also cut a piece of my hand dyed fabric for the backing.  I stitched all these layers together and then I added a bit of free-motion stitching to add a pretty pattern. These are perfect for the person who enjoys a product that is unique and will add beauty to their home.     
Sun Printed Fabric
Insul-Bright and batting for the inside layers.


The backings are hand dyed fabrics, here after the stitching is done. 






These are the completed trivets. 
Have a great Thanksgiving holiday for all the US people and a great weekend everyone.
Janelle

No comments: