Thursday, December 8, 2011

December

I thought that I would write a quick post.  I have been keeping busy hemming, crocheting, and making birthday cards.  I can't share pictures of what I have been working on yet though.  I will share pictures of the cards that I am making after the recipients get them.  For some reason my family has been blessed with many December birthdays.  My niece turned 11 yesterday, my daughter turns 18 on Sunday, and my son and another niece have birthdays next week.  That is only a part of the December birth month.  I always am really busy with shopping and planning and hosting birthday parties this month.  Needless to say, but I always go broke with all the presents too.  You can't disappoint the children so I make it work.  I do love the Christmas season and everything that goes along with it.  I think that the highlights are watching the kids open their presents and going to the Christmas church services.
After I get the rest of the dresses hemmed, I can start to make presents for my family.  Then I will have some more pictures to share and fun things to talk about.  Right now I will share a picture of a little purse that I made from an old pair of jeans.  I had just started learning to free motion stitch and I put one of my practice pieces on the front of the purse.
Have fun creating,
Janelle

No comments: