Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More Wonky Birds


I painted my first set of wonky birds on one side of an accordion folded piece of mixed media paper.  Now I have finished painting four more birds on the other side of the paper.  I am also going to show you how I added this paper to my journal.   
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture

To add this art to my journal I started with a strip of card stock that I had used to clean some extra ink off of a stencil.

Picture

I cut and folded strips off of the the piece of card stock.

Picture

This is the paper with the birds on both sides.

Picture

Here I slipped the folded card stock underneath the binding thread that the journal is sewed together with. 

Picture

I glued each side of the card stock to the bottom panel of the painting.

Picture

Now my birds have a home in between two pages of my journal and I can open out the folded painting and view both sides.

Have a wonderfully creative week,
Janelle

No comments: