Friday, December 20, 2013

Think Spring

Picture
I love winter and the snow, but I still look forward to spring too.  I decided to make a bright and cheery journal page this week.  It is nice to warm up by thinking about the flowers and dragonflies coming back to the cold north.

I started by spraying homade spray paint through the Bird and Gera stencils from the TEXTures 2 series. These stencils remind me of the warm spring that will come.  I used green, blue, and yellow sprays.  I used a Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Artists' Crayon in yellow to fill in some of the white areas.
Picture
I used the Dragonfly stencil to add dragonflies over the page in shades of blue.
Picture
I copied one of the dragonflies from the stencil and enlarged it.  I cut a stencil of the enlarged dragonfly out of chipboard and added it to the page with modeling paste. After the modeling paste was dry I colored the dragonfly with Viva Decor Inka Gold in steel blue.
Picture
I used the Gera stencil to add details to the dragonfly with green paint and I also added designs with the same stencil around the page. I added a shadow around the large dragonfly with a charcoal pencil.
Picture
I cut some bubble shapes from a sheet of music and also a banner for the top of the page. I glued these down with fluid matte medium.
Picture
I added yellow to the music paper with the same neocolor crayon that I used earlier.  I also added some sketchy lines around the bubbles and along the scallops.
Picture
I had some flowers punched out of my painted papers and a sheet of melted Glitterati fibers.  I added these flowers to the top border to give the page a pop of color. I added a hopeful message to the bubbles.
Picture
Picture
Think Spring, Don't Let The Winter Blahs Get You Down

Picture
































I hope that this page reminds everyone living in the cold regions of the world that spring and warmth will return.
Janelle
You can see more of my art at my website www.handsandharts.com

No comments: