Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Inspired by Nature

I went on a mini vacation with my family this month. While it only lasted five days, we still saw many beautiful sights and had a wonderful time.  We visited northern Michigan during this trip.
We started out visiting Castle Farms near Charlevoix MI, then went on to St. Ignace, MI and spent our first night there.
The second day we visited Tuqananom Falls, pictured rocks national lake-shore, and ended up for the night in Munising, MI.
The third day we drove to Houghton, MI and spent the day relaxing and visiting with my daughter who is up there for college.
The fourth day we drove up the Keewenaw peninsula visiting waterfalls, lighthouses, and a fort, plus a lot of beautiful scenery.
The fifth and last day we drove home from Houghton, which took all day.
It is nice to be home again rejuvenated and refreshed.

I took a lot of inspiration photos on this trip.  I wanted to have fresh scenes to inspire my textile art and my paintings.  I also took a lot of photos of textures, because I love creating art with a lot of texture.  Taking a close look at the textures in our world whether man made or natural gives me a different view.  I'll share some pictures and I hope that they inspire you too. 




























I want to use these photos to inspire me this winter when it is cold and bleak outside.  I hope that you enjoy this glimpse of Michigan.   
Janelle 

No comments: