Friday, April 24, 2015

Sunny Sunflowers

Picture
I started a new quilt this week.  I am painting sunflowers. We had a couple of nice warm days and then it got cold again. I decided not to wait for the summer flowers to show up, but to make my own flowers.  I love sunflowers of all kinds and have planted bright sunny yellow ones and also the autumn colored flowers.  Maybe I should try planting them again this year, when it finally gets warm.

I am still working in my art journal and have completed a couple new pages.  This page was just about playing with a couple of techniques.  My journal is getting really full, so the pages are harder to photograph.  That's okay with me though because I love having full chunky journals.    
Picture
Picture
This page is from a Lifebook lesson.  It was fun playing with gold leaf.  It adds a lot of shine to the page and I really like shiny on my art journal pages. 
Picture
Picture
My art quilting group learned about fabric painting this week. I sketched the flowers out on cotton fabric before the meeting.  I have been working on painting all week.  I still want to add some more details to the flowers and I need to paint the background too.  After all the painting is done I will start thread sketching and then quilting.  I'll keep sharing my progress.   
Picture
Have a great weekend and live your life creatively.

Janelle

No comments: