Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Beginning of a Quilt

I have been working on the sunflower quilt that I started in April. I have finished painting the quilt top and am ready to move onto thread sketching. I plan to thread sketch and then add the batting and some hand stitching and other embellishments. Finally I will quilt it and get it finished.

It is nice to work on this project little by little rather than having to rush.  Spring is such a busy time with all kinds of events for my kids and gardening to do too.  My oldest daughter became a nationally certified EMT this spring.  I am proud of all she has accomplished as well as the rest of my sweet kids too. It is a great time to be a mom and an artist.  I am enjoying my time as both.

Here is the painted top.  Adding thread and embellishments will bring it to life and make it a lot less flat.       
Picture
Picture
My daughter took pictures of me while I was working on it, so I thought that I would share one.
Picture
I had some leftover fabric paint that didn't want to be wasted.  I started adding surface design to these two small piece of fabric. I'll keep adding to them when I have leftover paint or feel inspired. 
Picture
Picture
Have a great weekend,
Janelle

No comments: