Friday, October 7, 2011

Cards, Monoprints, and sketchbook work

I have been pretty busy this week.  I am participating in a free on-line class called Whimsical Workspaces by Rhomany.  You can find the Link here http://willowing.ning.com/group/whimsical-workspace I have been working on organizing all of the spots in my sewing room and wet studio space that still need help.  I have also been working on a few small projects that I wanted to share.

I have been making some blank greeting cards using my hand-dyed fabrics and bits of lace.  I am just experimenting with different techniques and looks so that I can figure out which one I want to concentrate on making a bunch of.  Here are the ones I have made so far.





I have also been working on some monoprints on fabric with fabric paints and fabric markers.  My daughter and I made a whole stack of these one night and I have been slowly adding more color with fabric markers to finish them since then.  I don't have very many finished yet, but I wanted to share the few that are done.



I hope to add stitching and make a quilt out of these some day.  I will trim off the blank bits and use them for something else.
I have also been painting a little in my sketch books, mostly using Derwent Inktense Pencils.
This one is just a background.  I haven't decided yet what I want to add to it.

I loosely traced an owl onto tea bag paper and glued it to the background that I had painted.  I like the aged look of the tea bag paper.  I am adding more to this page, so I will post it when it is done.   
Have a great weekend and have fun making your own art.
Janelle

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What wonderful uses of colour! & I especially like the bits of lace :) Have an amazing weekend!

xo