Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer of Color Week Five

This week for Summer of Color the colors were Candy Apple Red and Yellow.  These are not colors that I usually work with except as accents.  But I'm willing to try any combination at least once.  I started by dyeing some fabrics red since I didn't have any fabric in that color.  I already had a couple of yellow fabrics from a previous year.   Here are the fabrics that I worked with to make the cuffs.  I have a cotton in both colors and also red silk and cheesecloth.  
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
I also had the chance to paint in my journal this weekend, so I'll share that page too.  This page has gesso sprayed through a stencil in the background and then I painted with Twinkling H2O's over the top and added some text.
Picture



















I hope that you have a wonderful and creative week and I will post again next week.
Janelle

No comments: