Friday, September 27, 2013

Meditation Rock Garden

Picture
This week I created an indoor rock garden.  I love looking at beautiful scenes to inspire me and remind me of the things that I want to remember.  I have really been into encouraging words lately and they came out again for this project.  I decided to use rocks that I collected this summer along Lake Michigan.  Some of the ones that I collected are very pretty and I just wanted to leave them with their natural beauty.  I collected other rocks because they were smooth and would be easy to create art on.   I selected a few of the smoother rocks, some modeling paste, and some of my favorite Artistcellar stencils.

I made sure that my rocks were clean and dry and then I applied modeling paste through select parts of the stencil onto them.  I wasn't trying for a perfect impression because that's pretty hard to get on a curved surface.  I let the modeling paste dry naturally before I moved on with the project.
Picture
Picture
Next I used Golden Fluid Acrylics to paint the modeling paste.   Let it dry.
Picture
Picture
I used a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen to write words and painted in parts of the rocks and let it dry.
Picture
Picture
I added doodles with Faber-Castell Pitt pens too.
Picture
Picture
I sealed the rocks with glossy gel medium to give them a lot of shine and to protect them.
Picture
Picture
I put the natural rocks into an old pan that I painted and placed my decorated rocks on top.  I added a package of the Pacific Fiber Mix around the edge to give it a little flare.  This fiber mix goes well with the rocks and brings out their beauty.
Picture
I used the words: Journey, Beauty, Flow, Mystery, Eternal, Grow, and Think.
I can add more rocks with important concepts as time goes on.  This will give me a visual reminder and provide a little beauty to my home too.

I used these stencils: Cherry BlossomParis CathedralOcean WavesApparatusPetite PodsRunes, and Rivermap

Here are the rest of the rocks that I painted.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Have a wonderful creative weekend and go out and create something.
Janelle

No comments: