Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine Bunting

Here is a Valentine's Day project for you.  I'm putting this out early so that people have time to make this to decorate before Valentine's Day.
Picture
I have a nasty strain of influenza, so I'm going to make this a quick post.  I will answer questions about anything in a few days when I'm feeling better, though.

Supply List

Watercolor paper
Dylusions Post Box Red and Funky Fuschia 
Gesso
Amourosa Metamica Paint
Hemp Flower Stencil
Hole Punch
Cotton Fabric and Felt
Yarn
Thread
Twine
Acrylic Iridescent Medium
Tulip Fabric Spray in Glittering Diamonds
Heart Template in Two Sizes

Picture
Spray a piece of watercolor paper with the Dylusions sprays and the Tulip fabric spray.
Picture
Brayer over the piece with gesso after it is dry.
Picture
Use the stencil and Metamica paint to add a pattern.
Picture
Apply iridescent medium through the stencil with a card.
Picture
Spray another piece of watercolor paper with the Dylusions sprays and the Tulip fabric spray.
Cut out hearts in two sizes from all the dry paper plus both fabrics
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Stitch the cotton fabric to the felt.  Punch holes in the tops of the hearts and tie on yarn. Tie the yarn to a piece of twine in varying lengths and hang up the bunting.
Picture
Picture
Picture
I hope you have fun with this little project and I'll see you next week.
Don't forget my Birthday Sale, make sure to check out my shop. 
http://www.handsandharts.com/shop.html

Janelle 

No comments: