Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer of Color-1

It is time for Summer of Color again.  This has been one of my favorite summer art activities every year for the past three.  I am expecting this summer to be a blast too.  I love having color prompts that prod me into directions that I may not have gone in otherwise.  The colors for this first week are teal, yellow, and a splash of pink.  I like using these colors anyway, so this one was fun and easy. 
Picture
This year I decided to make quilt blocks that are 6" x 6" and after all the color prompts I will make a wall hanging art quilt. I love making textile art and want to continue in that trend this summer.  I'm going to try and stick with a nature theme this year as well.  Here is my first quilt block.  
Picture
Picture
I used all cotton fabrics that I dyed myself.  I added fusible to the back of the fabric, cut out each element, and fused them to the teal background.  I added stems with embroidery thread and I machine stitched the flowers and the vase.

To see the whole quilt developed and finished please keep following along every week.  
Have a great week,
Janelle

No comments: