Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer of Color-2

The colors for this week are coral, teal, and a splash of bright white.
Picture
I had a coral fabric to use, but I had to dye a teal.  None of the ones that I had were quite the right color.  I love dyeing fabric all different colors so that I have a stash of fabrics to use when I want to make some textile art.  I also dyed a piece going for a pinker coral.  I added a little too much pink for it to work, but I still have the pretty fabric for something else.  
Picture
Teal
Picture
Coral
Picture
Both together
Picture
The piece that I dyed that turned out too pink.
After I got my fabric ready, I put the two pieces of fabric together with a piece of stabilizer in the middle.  Then I free motion stitched flowers using a zig zag stitch.  I cut the flowers out and stitched them to my teal quilt block with some white perle cotton thread.  I love adding dimensional elements to my quilts.  
Picture
Picture
I used the pinker fabric for the back of the flowers.
I think that all the quilt blocks will look wonderful turned into a quilt at the end.  It will really come to life when I add the stitching to the backgrounds.  I hope you enjoy my creative process. Have a good week,
Janelle

2 comments: