Friday, February 27, 2015

Cotton Dyeing

I want to share the rest of the dyed pieces of cotton that I have made this winter.

The first few are all dyed with very little water, and normal temperatures.  The colors come out much more intense.  The patterning comes from crinkling the fabric into a loose pile. The fabric was dyed with the exact dye batch that I used for the snow dyed pieces I shared earlier.

Please excuse the wrinkles, my ironing board doesn't work very well.  I really need to get a custom ironing surface designed for fabric rather than clothing. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
The next pieces of fabrics were snow dyed with single colors of dye. I used colors that were mixes rather than just primary.  I wanted to see how the colors would come out in the cold conditions.  The dyes that are mixes contain more than one single color of dye and different dye colors strike at different times during the process. I wanted to see how many colors from the mix would show up on the fabric. Long explanation over: enjoy seeing these four pieces of snow dyed cotton.  
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Now I get the fun of using these fabrics in fiber art.  I hope that you have a great weekend.
Janelle

No comments: