Friday, February 20, 2015

Seascapes

I have been working on a couple of art quilts the past few weeks. These two are both seascapes and are pieces that I made because of the art quilting group I belong to.  The first one is a practice piece that we learned how to do in our group and the second one is a challenge quilt to continue on with landscapes.

After I sewed the fabric down and quilted it, I added paint and shells.  I also made a mix of silk roving and Angelina fibers and quilted it on for the sea foam.   This is a happy little quilt that reminds me of sunny summer days.   
Picture
Each group member picked a calendar photo and used it for inspiration.  I used raw edge applique and sewed and then quilted my chosen fabrics.  I have started adding paint to enhance the scene.  I plan to add more paint and then other embellishments to complete it.  I'll share it when it is done.
Picture
Picture
I'm stuck in frigid weather right now, but dreaming of swimming in a warm sea.  What are you dreaming of this season?
Janelle

No comments: