Thursday, March 26, 2015

Beautiful Yarn

I can teach you how to dye gorgeous fabrics and also unique yarns.  I dyed some skeins of cotton yarn recently, so that you can see the possibilities of creating your own beautiful yarn. The process is the same as for dyeing fabric.  I am using fiber reactive dyes for plant fibers; cotton, rayon, linen, hemp, bamboo, etc.  I also love dyeing threads, ribbons, lace, doilies and many other fibers.   








This is the class that I teach at the local museum.


Try Dyeing Fabric
2 Saturdays: April 25, May 16
10 a.m.—1 p.m.
Instructor: Janelle Marks
Cost $35 / Member $30

Are you a quilter or a knitter? Learn how to dye and decorate your own fabric and yarn to use in your creative endeavors. Price is per workshop. Supply list provided.
http://ellasharpmuseum.org/?page_id=643

I am also available to hold a class for individuals or groups. Just send me an e-mail to set that up. 

Do you crochet or knit?  What are your favorite things to make out of beautiful yarns?

I would love to hear from you.
Janelle

No comments: