Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer of Color: Blue Blue Green


I am participating in Summer of Color again this year.  I love how the color challenges get me creating in a lot of different pallets.  I love having a deadline to get work completed too. If you want to learn all about Summer of Color and see what everyone else has created this week go here
The color challenge is to use 2 blues and a green.  You can use any shade of the colors that you want too though.

I am creating small abstract art quilts this year.  It is easier for me to complete a small quilt in a week.  This one is 9 1/2" x 10".
It is done, for now anyway.  I haven't decided if I want to add anything else or not yet.  I'll let it sit on my design board for a while and think about it.

I laid out the fabrics and played with the design until I was happy.  Then I layered batting and a backing fabric and free motion quilted it.  After that was done, I cut the whole thing into strips and then rectangles.  I sewed them all back together using a zig zag stitch.  Here is a close up.  I used my hand dyed fabric and cheese cloth and a bit of dark blue tulle.      
Picture
I'll see you next week with another Summer of Color submission.
Janelle

No comments: