Well I finally made it. It was a really busy week for me, so I couldn't start my quilt until the end of the week. I got it done before the deadline though, so I'm happy. You can see what everyone else created this week here.
The colors for the week were two pinks and and orange. I already had these colors in my stash of fabric that I have dyed, so that made it easier to finish.
I layered light pink, then orange, and on the top dark pink. I put all three fabrics on top of the batting and backing fabric. I free motion stitched a pattern in black thread. The black really helped the colors to pop. Then I cut away bits of the top two layers to reveal the other colors. Over time the edges will fray a bit more and look even better. I love the rough frayed edges and leave them that way in my work quite a bit. I don't like things to always be perfect. That fits right in with my style of art quilting. This is a wall hanging too, so it doesn't have to stand up to washing.
I finished the edges with a facing. I don't like to bind quilts, especially not these small ones. I will add a thread chain to hang it and it'll be ready for the wall. It is 7 1/2" x 10".
I'll leave you with this background created with spray inks. See you next week for the next color challenge.