Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sunflowers Galore

I have made a lot of progress on my sunflower quilt since I last shared it here.  I'm trying to get it done soon, so I have been working on it quite a bit.  I'm planning on having it done for the art show I'm attending on June 27.  You can find all the details for that show here.
After the painting was done I added thread sketching in yellows and oranges to add more depth to the petals. 
Picture
Picture
I added some white stitching for highlights. 
Picture
I added some stitching around the outside of the center.  I like what this stitching adds to the flowers. 
Picture
After the thread sketching was done I quilted around the center of the flowers.  I also quilted around the petals so that they stand out from the background.  Then I quilted in the background. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
Now I'm adding embellishments and when I'm done with them, I will finishes the edges.  The embellishments are going to complete the flower centers.  I'll share more when I get more done. For now have a great week and I'll be back tomorrow to share my latest pattern.
Janelle

No comments: