Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lifebook page one

I completed my first page for Lifebook today.  This is the first face that I have painted.  I have messed around with drawing a few faces before in my sketchbook, but this is my first completed and painted face.  I would change a few things if I could go back and do them over, but overall I am happy with her.  I based her on a combination of Saint Monica who is the patron saint of mothers and Hera the goddess of women, marriage, and childbirth.  I wanted to get across the idea of me nurturing my family and helping them to grow.


I put the two scans together to show the whole spread.



I hope you enjoy seeing my progress as an artist as much as I enjoy learning and practicing art.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I do!! AND I can not BELIEVE that this is your first face! She is really beautiful Janelle, and I love your sentiments on the page. I AM SO looking forward to this year with LIfe Book and just am finishing mine now!
Thank you too for your sweet comments - you made my day with the thought that you are already thinking of ice cream art ;) and your words were so sweet.
Thank you and Happy New Year to you! xoxo