Monday, July 14, 2014

A Bit of This and That

I have been working on a few small pieces of art this summer along with the Summer of Color challenge that I am participating in.

These two photos are of a watercolor card that I painted.  I wanted to play around with my Twinkling H2O's after doing so much textile art.  I decided to paint this little whimsy girl on a thank you card.  The whole card shimmers in the light.  I love these watercolor paints for the beautiful rich colors and the shimmer and sparkle from the minerals.  
Picture
Picture
I drew this fairy on watercolor paper a while ago and decided that I finally needed to paint her.  She is also painted with the Twinkling H2O's.  It is good to play with supplies and gain more knowledge about how they work.  I also enjoy painting just for fun with no other purpose in mind.   
Picture
Picture
I read about how Susan Brubaker Knapp took a denim jacket and stitched it with a sewing theme.  You can read about her's here.  I found a denim jacket at a resale shop here in town and decided to do the same thing.  I have been working on this for a week, so I don't have very much done yet.  This project is perfect for those times when I have to sit and wait for one thing or another or while watching tv and movies with my family.  So far I am enjoying covering areas with these simple hand stitches. This project will keep me busy for a long time to come. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
I hope that you enjoyed these glimpses of what I'm up to.  Have a great week,
Janelle 

No comments: