Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dreaming

"Dreaming" the whole cloth quilt that I made last fall is now on display at a local museum.  It is in Ella Sharp museum on the wall of art next to the community room.  If you live in the area please go and take a look.  There are many wonderful pieces of art on the wall along with mine, from members of the Jackson Civic Art Association.   
Picture
Here I am next to my quilt. My little helper had fun being there with me.
Picture
This quilt transports you back to childhood to explore the world of daydreams.  The girl is dreaming about who she could be. Where will you allow your dreams to take you? 

This quilt is 15” X 33”.  It is a whole cloth cotton quilt that was hand painted. After the first layer of painting was done it was heavily quilted to bring out the details.  Then it was painted with metallic paint to add accents to certain parts.  The edges are finished with a satin stitch. 
It is ready to hang from a dowel or rod by a hanging sleeve on the back.  This art quilt is $260.00.

I am quite excited to have this quilt hanging in a public venue. Thanks for sharing this moment with me.
Janelle

No comments: