Monday, March 31, 2014

Process of Creating "Windows Into Another World"

I finished all of the background layers of this painting over the weekend.  It is complex and a bit chaotic, which is like me.  I have made a few other paintings in this style and have one more still in progress that I hope to finish by this summer.  I am drawn to create paintings that are full of personal symbols, colors, and words.  Even if most of these elements are covered up in the final painting they are still embedded into the painting. Part of my soul will travel with it wherever it goes.  I hope that you enjoy this peak into my process.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
I have already started the final focal layers which I will share with you soon.  I aim for this painting to be whimsical and happy, but not overly bright.  Check back soon to keep up with my progress.
Janelle

No comments: