Thursday, March 20, 2014

T-shirts for the Summer

A couple of weeks ago I dyed a lot of fabric and trims.  I had a couple of t-shirts and a baby bunting laying around that were ready to dye, so I decided to dye them too.
Picture
T-shirt
Picture
Baby Bunting
Picture
T-shirt
After they were dyed I thought that it would be fun to add some stenciling and make these fun to wear.  Now, when I know someone who has a baby girl, I have a gift to give that will be all ready to go.  I also have a couple of colorful t-shirts to wear when it finally gets warm where I live.

I stenciled Tam's Butterfly Wings and Flower Garden onto the baby bunting.  These were perfect for a sweet baby girl.
I used the Tumbling Pods stencil to add a design across the pink and blue t-shirt.  I stenciled with white fabric paint.  I love how the white design shows off the colors.
Picture
I added more layers to the last t-shirt.  I started with the Apparatus stencil and black paint. I made a strip across the shirt and feathered out the black paint along the edges.
Picture
I added some more stenciling using black paint along one side.
Picture
After these layers dried I used a script stamp and white paint to add some visual texture.
Picture
To finish off this design I used a hand carved flower stamp to add some pink flowers in the swirls.
Picture
Picture
I hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial and have a great week.
Janelle
I also have a blog series over at my website telling how I got to wear I am today.  You can read that at  http://www.handsandharts.com/blog.html    

No comments: