Saturday, March 1, 2014

Adventure

     Picture


    For those of you who don't know I have been a member of Artistcellar's design team for the last six months.  This is my last project for them.  I'm thankful for my time as a design team member at Artistcellar.  I have learned a lot and I'm grateful for the push to make a new piece every week.  It has been an adventure and a pleasure to use these wonderful art supplies and marvelous stencils.  Thank you Artistcellar!

    For my last post I made a journal page using Dylusions.  These ink sprays are so full of bright color that I love using them.  I started by taking select parts of the Apparatus stencil and tracing them onto freezer paper.  Then I cut out all the gears that I traced.
    Picture
    I sprayed the non-glossy side of the freezer paper with a temporary spray adhesive.  Then I arranged them onto my journal page and made sure that they were sticking down. I sat my journal upright and sprayed Funky Fuschia, Lemon Zest, and Squeezed Orange Dylusions Sprays onto the page.  I also spritzed it with some water to make sure the ink dripped and ran together.  I put paper towels under the page to catch the excess.
    Picture
    The ink is wet here.
    I let the ink dry completely with my journal upright.
    Picture
    The ink has had a chance to dry now.
    I removed the freezer paper templates.  This is a great way to use the stencils as a mask.
    Picture
    Next I found a steampunk image and cut it out.  I added some chalk pastels in the same color scheme in the white spaces and blended them with my fingers. I wanted the background of the image to blend with the rest of the page.  I fixed the pastels with spray fixative.  After that was dry I glued down the image and let it dry.
    Picture
    I used a black Stabilo pencil to add a shadow around the image to get it to pop off of the page better.  I also used a stamp to add a border around my page.  I used the same Apparatus stencil and some Inka Gold to add some more gears to my page.
    Picture
    Picture
    I found this quote by Oprah Winfrey and added it to my journal page with my Pitt pens for the finishing touch.  "The Biggest Adventure You Can Take Is To Live The Life Of Your Dreams."
    Picture
    I hope that you all can live the life of your dreams and have a grand adventure. I will be posting regularly here with all kinds of new projects that I'm dreaming up.
    Janelle
    You can see more of my art at www.handsandharts.com

No comments: