Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Honoring Women

I have been really busy since the beginning of last week.  I'm trying to declutter my house and get rid of things that we no longer need.  I had a garage sale last weekend and I'm having another one this weekend.  After those are done we will donate the rest to local charities.  It will feel nice to get some of these accumulated items out of my house and to people who can actually use them.  I am looking forward to having usable space again.

While I was sitting in my garage last weekend I finished drawing a whimsy girl and some flowers that I needed to complete a Lifebook lesson.  I used permanent ink to go over the lines that I wanted to keep and I erased the rest.
Then on Sunday afternoon I painted them with Twinkling H2O's, which are some of my very favorite water colors.  They have a beautiful shimmer and shine without being too over the top. After I painted them I cut them out and glued them to an acrylic background that I had prepared.
May is the month that Catholics honor Mary and all women. So I added some thoughts that I had after reading an article by my Bishop about honoring women.    
Picture
Picture
Picture
I also drew another whimsy character last weekend, but I haven't had a chance to paint her yet.  I am spending a lot of time this week getting finishing touches done on the two pieces that I showed you last week, so that they are ready to enter the show this Friday.  I am also still working on decluttering.  I hope that next week I'll have time to go back to the quilt that I have started and have more time to paint.
Have a great week,
Janelle

No comments: