Thursday, May 22, 2014

Life

This week I have been focusing on my garden and getting everything planted.  Here in the north there is a limited growing season, so I want to get everything in as soon as I can.  Last week we had frost, but hopefully we are past the last frost date now.  I love to plant flowers to make my garden beautiful.  I also grow herbs and veggies so that my family has fresh delicious food to eat.  I love using photos of my garden for inspiration for my creative work as well.

Yesterday was mine and my husband's wedding anniversary. We had fun celebrating and enjoying each other's company yesterday evening.  We have been married for 20 years and together for even longer.  I'm so grateful that I found this loving wonderful man to spend my life with.  I'm not saying that everything has been perfect, because we have had our share of problems and down times.  Together and with the love of God to support us, we have made a great life and have five wonderful children.  My man wrote a post about us too.  You can read that here.

After our evening out we came home and watched the latest episode of Game of Thrones.  During the show I played around with my new Tombow Dual Brush Pens to create a page in my journal.  They are fun to use.  I added water to blend  and just got a feel for how they work.  I intend to use these as watercolor markers and just have fun in my journals and for making cards.
Picture
I also started a new painting yesterday.  I am working on an more abstract piece again, but probably not totally abstract.  I'm trying to paint with the flow this time rather than planning as much.  I'm using Golden High Flow Acrylics on this painting too. They are really fun to work with too.  I love how easy it is to get drips and runs with these paints. 
Picture
A basic beginning, acrylic on canvas.
Tonight I am going to an opening for an art exhibit at a local museum.  This is the first time my art has been in a juried show and I'm looking forward to being a part of this. The exhibit is for members of the Jackson Civic Art Association it is in the Hurst Gallery at the Ella Sharp Museum here in town.  The opening is from 6-8 this evening, but the exhibit stays up through July 5th. If you are local come out and help all the wonderful artists celebrate.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Janelle 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Part of a juried show?! HOW Amazing! I am so happy for you - AND congratulations on 20 years - that is really something to be proud of - Dave and I have been together for 18, but married for 11. I saw your husband's post too - SO sweet!
Oh and YAY for the SOC! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you Kristin. It is wonderful to have my art displayed publicly. Congrats on your wonderful marriage too.